- January 28, 2019
- Posted by: Biplab Poddar
- Category: Google AdWords
There’s much evidence to suggest that 2-4% of the website visits turn to transactions. But the statistics for this can be really scary. They can also be the motivation for fueling your marketing efforts.
There are various ways to get customers to your website as well as persuade them to take any sort of action.
Running a marketing campaign is one of the ways on Google Ad Network.
First you need to know what remarketing is. Remarketing campaigns are mainly designed for the display of ads to the potential customers those who are the visitors on your site or have used your mobile app. Remarketing has an effective technique which allows you to stay in connection with your targeted audience besides building brand awareness. A remarketing campaign through Google AdWords provides an additional strategy for the advertisers and helps them drive highly valuable visitors back to their website for increasing their conversion numbers in the overall scenario.
Remarketing campaigns permit the businesses to stay in connection with their targeted audiences after they have left the site by showing ads to the visitors on the websites across the internet. Those who have already visited your website tend to be more engaged with your products and services and the brand after their first visit. Returning visitors tend to browse more number of pages and they convert more often while coming back to a site for the second time.
Hence, remarketing is an extremely powerful tool for increasing ROAS (returns on ad spend) for your PPC marketing. Remarketing is a powerful channel for the digital marketers but setting up of a first campaign can be quite challenging for you.
Remarketing campaigns are generally used for showing ads to the audience who have visited your website once or have used your mobile app. The campaigns provide you with the extra settings as well as reports particularly for reaching out to people who have visited previously on your website. You should complete the process for creating your remarketing lists and tags when you set up your remarketing campaign.
There are various tools and tactics for helping you with remarketing efforts right from generation of a smart list to creation of a custom audience thorugh the use of Facebook pixel.
Potential customers can be brough back to your site with proper remarketing.
Here you will learn how to set up a Google remarketing campaign and how to take advantage of the various networks offered by remarketing. You can achieve a maximum reach to the targeted audience. Reading through this, you can have a broader idea and proper skills required for the setting up of a remarketing campaign for the generation of excellent results.
There are various reamrketing campaigns and the remarketing using Google AdWords can offer you a variety of ways for reaching out to your target audience through display ads.
One can use these platforms or networks:
- Display network
- Remarketing search listing ads
You need to know the procedure of setting up of a campaign for each platform. It is easy to remarket on a few networks in comparison to others. Display network ads are simpler to create in comparison to YouTube video ads. Remarketing search listing ads do not count as retargeting in technical terms when in regard to Google.
Understand your marketing goals:
There are usually three kinds of remarketing campaigns you want to run:
- Campaigns which are aimed for people who did not take an action on a page: this is when there is a generation of leads from the users who did not opt in for your landing page.
- Campaigns aimed for people reaching a certain page within the checkout process in your website but had not completed their purchases: this is the case when you should convert the users who are abandoning carts.
- Campaigns aimed for the audience who have not visited or at least seen a page which you want them to see: it can be some promoting content or some other relevant page of your site.
It is important for you to know the sorts of actions you want all your potential customers to take while they are exposed to the remarketing campaign.
Done this, you can do the following:
- Decide the pages that would contain the remarketing tags
- Choose a network and decide how to reach the target audience on network.
- Understand how to create ads customized to your targeted audience.
- Create tailor made pages dedicated to the users targeted for remarketing.
You should get the knowledge of tackling each single detail that is essential while trying to achieve optimum results through your remarketing campaigns.
The method of Google AdWords remarketing campaign:
Three core components required for the creation and activation of remarketing campaign for Google AdWords account are as follows:
- The first step includes creation of an audience group for remarketing. The remarketing audience must be used to collect website visitors who can be again targeted for remarketing. This set of audience is usually known as remarketing list and the audience here is usually a group of users who are qualified depending on the requirements set by an advertiser.
- The second step in this method is creation of a remarketing campaign within the Google AdWords account of your company. This campaign creation is similar to the basic campaign set up of Google AdWords.
- Thirdly, all advertisers are required to make an addition of a series of image ads or text ads into the campaign created previously. You need to know the method of uploading image ads into the campaigns for remarketing purposes.
Creation of a remarketing list:-
Learn how to create the remarketing list of Google AdWords. First, you need to log into your Google AdWords account and then click on the link to Shared library located on the lower left navigation bar.
There are two steps for the set up of the remarketing campaign:
- Creation of a remarketing list
- Running of a campaign targeted for the remarketing list
First you need to know the process of creation of a remarketing list. First you have to log into the AdWords account and then click on “shared library” link that is present on the left hand side navigation bar.
The next step is to select the audience.
If you are remarketing for the first time, you should a remarketing tag for your business website. The tag is a small snippet of code and it allows the visitors to get tagged with a cookie which is needed for the remarketing ads that would be shown to the visitors once they will leave your site. This tag must be active and must be installed in your site for the collection of your remarketing list.
AdWords can automatically create “all Visitors” audience list for helping you to get a smooth beginning. The remarketing list helps to pool all the visitors who have previously been to your website.
You can also enter a kind of membership duration for the remarketing list and this will help to determine the time period for which the visitors’ cookies would stay on your remarketing list. The commonest and default membership duration is the 30-day window.
Once you have created the remarketing list and implemented the remarketing tag on your website, the audience size list for your site will start gathering. You will also get notified that Google AdWords does not detect any remarketing tag.
When you click on the tag details, you can access a tag which you can install on your website.
One can email the tag to the technical support team in case you do not feel satisfied with the installation of the remarketing tag. Keep in mind to install this remarketing tag on each single webpage of your website. This can provide you freedom to run a variety of these remarketing campaigns for reaching your ad groups.
Once the installation of the tag is done, you should create a remarketing list.
Click on the “+ remarketing list” that is found in the ‘shared library’ section.
You need to decide how Google AdWords choose whom to remarket through mentioning the data that would be used.
Your selection depends upon the data you have at present. These are the 4 probable options:
- Website visitors: remarketing to the people who have visited your site
- Mobile app users: remarketing to people who are users of your mobile app.
- Customer emails: remarketing to the people who have given their email ids to you.
- YouTube users: remarketing to the people who have interacted with your videos and channels or viewed your YouTube videos and channels.
Method of creating a remarketing campaign in AdWords:
Once you have created the remarketing list, it is now time to put attention on the creation of remarketing campaign in Google AdWords. To begin with this process, you should first navigate to the tab ‘campaigns’ of your Google AdWords account and click on the “campaign” button. Next click on the button ‘Display Network’.
Go through the procedure and you shall complete the campaign setup. Next, you shall name the first ad group and then set an initial default bid. Select the targeting option as ‘Interests and Remarketing’. A crop down will appear on selection and then click on ‘remarketing lists’ as the target category.
Click the arrow to the right of ‘all visitors’ list for selecting it. After completion of this process, your created remarketing list can now be assigned to the remarketing campaign put together.
Learn how to upload image ads into AdWords:
Before you move onto the addition of your image ads into your campaigns, keep in mind to assure that the banner ads you have formatted and allotted sizes according to Google requirements.
Once the formatting is done for the ads and they are properly sized, you can easily add them into your campaign by dragging and dropping them.
When all of your ads are uploaded into your account, click on ‘save ads’ and the campaign set up process can be completed.
After your remarketing list and remarketing campaign has been created, and you are done with uploading with all your ads, now your campaign is ready for serving ads to the customers. While adding the image ads, keep in mind the fact that Google puts these through a reviewing process. Hence your ads should be eligible to show on Google within the 24 hours review process.